2017 4th AISOCC Annual Educational Conference
June 25-28, 2017
This conference is open to law enforcement personnel, forensic specialists, death investigation personnel, cold case specialists, criminal justice students, or retired members of law enforcement or forensic organizations, and is not open to the general public.
Hilton Airport, 10330, Natural Bridge Road, St. Louis, MO 63134
- Group Rate $107/night includes FREE Airport Shuttle
- Deadline: May 15, 2017
- Reservations: call 800-314-2117
- Ref: The American Society of Cold Cases, Group Code: AIS
Schedule of Events - Subject to Change without notice
Saturday, June 24, 2017
3:00pm - 6:00pm AISOCC Board Meeting - Closed Meeting
Sunday, June 25, 2017
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm Registration, Hotel Lobby
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm Presidential Reception in Hilton Bar - Cash Bar - casual attire
Monday, June 26, 2017
- 7:00am – 7:30am - Registration, Presentation area
- 7:30am – 8:00am - Opening Ceremonies By President Kenneth L. Mains
- 8:00am - 10:0am - Dr. Werner Spitz, Keynote Speaker - "Bodies Tell Tales"
- 10:00am - 10:30am - Break in the Vendor Area
- 10:30am - 12:00pm - Joe Kennedy - Workshop on "How to Work a Cold Case"
- 12:00pm - 01:30pm - Lunch on your own
- 1:30pm - 3:00pm - Joe Kennedy - Workshop on "How to Work a Cold Case" continued
- 3:00pm - 3:30pm - Break in Vendor Area
- 3:30pm - 5:00pm - Silvia Pettem - Author of "Someone's Daughter"
- 5:00pm - 5:30pm - Group Photo- location to be announced
- 5:30pm – 7:30pm - Vendor Appreciation Event and Book Signing, location to be announced
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- 8:00am – 10:00am - Dr. Katherine Ramsland and Dr. Laura Pettler - Workshop - "Behavioral Investigative Analysis"
- 10:00am - 10:30am - Break in Vendor Area
- 10:30am - 12:00pm - Suzanna Ryan - Presentation on Solving Cold Cases with DNA and new techniques
- 12:00pm - 02:00pm - Lunch on your own
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm - Silvia Pettem - Presentation on the "Long Term Missing: Hope and Help for Families"
- 3:00pm - 3:30pm - Break(and Vendor break down)
- 3:30pm - 5:00pm - Dr. Ashley Wellman, moderator - Roundtable Discussion Understanding the Needs of Cold Case Homicide Survivors" featuring - Cold Case Survivor and Author Shannon Hazen, and Cold Case Survivor and Advocate of Found of Kansas City - Mothers in Charge - Roundtable discussion
- 5:00pm – 5:15pm - Closing Remarks, Conference concludes
- 5:30pm - 6:30pm AISOCC Membership Business Meeting & Committee Reports - Members Only
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- 8:00am – 4:00pm Law Enforcement Cold Case Presentations - Closed Meeting - open only to BOD, Review Board and Consulting Committee Members
- If you will be presenting, please submit a short introduction to be given before your presentation.
- Presentations will be 1-2 hours, Workshops will be 2-4 hours. Presentation topics and schedules will be strictly observed towards being respectful of all presenters allocated time.
- Lunch will be 2 hours on your own.
- AISOCC members are encouraged to attend the business meeting on Tuesday.